Feature Request: Side Docking the Multidock

SloHand Solo

I've posted about the troubles I'm having with getting screen sets and workspaces to work properly on my 49" UW monitor.  I like having the main window and Multidock docked side by side, but changing SS's and WS's undocks the windows from the sides and I have to drag them back.  What would work really well is if there was an option to dock the Multidock to the side, as well as top and bottom, the two choices currently available.

This is how I currently have my windows

sidebyside.thumb.jpg.3568aad5811da773faa1452eba433b96.jpg

8 hours ago, SloHand Solo said:

changing SS's and WS's undocks the windows from the sides and I have to drag them back.  This is how I currently have my windows

Yeah it doesn't dock the left which would be more flexible 

I looked into ultrawides last time I did a monitor upgrade and I decided against it precisely because I figured I might run into issues like these and I went with 2 x 24" individual monitors with small bezels so it would be easier to snap individual windows into place against the edges ( and I had to watch a video on the windows snap feature lol which actually works well once you know how to drive it )  - I don't use screensets BTW as I find just snapping things quicker and less cumbersome but I might re-look at this in new Sonar with it's new vector GUI. 

The reason I mention all of this is because when I was looking at ultrawides some of them mentioned having software so you could split them up into zones and have 2 or 3 virtual monitors on one screen.  So I am wondering if this might be an option for you to set it up how you want by dividing up the screen up and then setting up your screensets and maybe in the new Sonar we will have more flexibilty due to the overhauled GUI. 

Edited by Mark Morgon-Shaw

I

6 hours ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

Yeah it doesn't dock the left which would be more flexible 

I looked into ultrawides last time I did a monitor upgrade and I decided against it precisely because I figured I might run into issues like these and I went with 2 x 24" individual monitors with small bezels so it would be easier to snap individual windows into place against the edges ( and I had to watch a video on the windows snap feature lol which actually works well once you know how to drive it )  - I don't use screensets BTW as I find just snapping things quicker and less cumbersome but I might re-look at this in new Sonar with it's new vector GUI. 

The reason I mention all of this is because when I was looking at ultrawides some of them mentioned having software so you could split them up into zones and have 2 or 3 virtual monitors on one screen.  So I am wondering if this might be an option for you to set it up how you want by dividing up the screen up and then setting up your screensets and maybe in the new Sonar we will have more flexibilty due to the overhauled GUI. 

I really like the UW, and am really happy with it, despite having to come up with a different method of filtering tracks.  The monitor doesn't have the built-in split display, which I've also seen.  Windows handles the docking,

What i ended up doing is creating an organized list of filtered tracks in the track view and the prv.  I just have to apply the filter to both windows to manually keep them in sync.  But I really like using screen sets.  It's a very convenient method of switching views, using the number keys as hotkeys.

Which brand of monitor do you have? Reason I ask is even though some LG monitors do not come with the OnScreen app, that app  is generic, so you can install/use it from a different monitor's download page on the LG site. I am not sure if OnScreen will work with other brands though, but that would give you control of windows that are active (i.e., not docked).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mettelus said:

Which brand of monitor do you have? Reason I ask is even though some LG monitors do not come with the OnScreen app, that app  is generic, so you can install/use it from a different monitor's download page on the LG site. I am not sure if OnScreen will work with other brands though, but that would give you control of windows that are active (i.e., not docked).

I have a Samsung G9.  I just looked it up and it looks like it does support split screening, so hopefully that'll work.  I'll post back. 

Sammy G9 240hz gaming monitor

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mettelus said:

That seems to be working perfect!  Thx 

• Like 1