Can't import from Bandlab studio

SteenE

It's been a while since I've been collaborating via Bandlab Studio and I got my project up fine, but if I want to import audio from Bandlab Studio to Cakewalk, there's 2 ways. When I use "Browse Bandlab projects", I get all tracks down, but my audio tracks just all say "busy" and no sound. If I download via Bandlab Assistant it says my stems are downloaded, but folder is empty. Any idea ? 

1 hour ago, SteenE said:

It's been a while since I've been collaborating via Bandlab Studio and I got my project up fine, but if I want to import audio from Bandlab Studio to Cakewalk, there's 2 ways. When I use "Browse Bandlab projects", I get all tracks down, but my audio tracks just all say "busy" and no sound. If I download via Bandlab Assistant it says my stems are downloaded, but folder is empty. Any idea ? 

From what I see on the internet, Bandlab Music Making Studio is an app for the iPhone and iPad.  I assume that works much the same way the Bandlab browser-based app works.  A few years ago I played a bit with CbB's ability to exchange files with Bandlab (the web app), so I do have some test files in my Bandlab account.  I use a Windows-based desktop computer.

A few minutes ago, I booted CbB and went to File > Browse Bandlab Projects and was able to load a newer project (from 2023) as well as some files I have there from 2020 and 2021. It sounds like you used the same steps in CbB.

Loading the 2023 project took longer than I would have expected and there were some flashing "importing" or "sample rate conversion" dialogs along the way, but all the projects seem to have loaded OK. 

Don't know if this is significant, but are you loading the projects before starting a new CbB project, are you importing a project from your Bandlab library into a CbB project, something else?

I wanted to try tackling your issue because as a Cakewalk user I am interested in learning more about exchanging projects and files. Not sure that anything I tried will help you, but at least in my case, I have been able to access Bandlab from CbB.

Maybe others who use Bandlab (the web app) more than I do can help.

Edited by User 905133
fixed typos

1 hour ago, SteenE said:

When I use "Browse Bandlab projects", I get all tracks down, but my audio tracks just all say "busy" and no sound. If I download via Bandlab Assistant it says my stems are downloaded, but folder is empty. Any idea ? 

Not sure about this, but is your Bandlab Studio app open when you get the busy signal?  Maybe CbB needs it to be closed? Long shot, but might be worth a try. 

12 hours ago, User 905133 said:

From what I see on the internet, Bandlab Music Making Studio is an app for the iPhone and iPad.  I assume that works much the same way the Bandlab browser-based app works.  A few years ago I played a bit with CbB's ability to exchange files with Bandlab (the web app), so I do have some test files in my Bandlab account.  I use a Windows-based desktop computer.

A few minutes ago, I booted CbB and went to File > Browse Bandlab Projects and was able to load a newer project (from 2023) as well as some files I have there from 2020 and 2021. It sounds like you used the same steps in CbB.

Loading the 2023 project took longer than I would have expected and there were some flashing "importing" or "sample rate conversion" dialogs along the way, but all the projects seem to have loaded OK. 

Don't know if this is significant, but are you loading the projects before starting a new CbB project, are you importing a project from your Bandlab library into a CbB project, something else?

I wanted to try tackling your issue because as a Cakewalk user I am interested in learning more about exchanging projects and files. Not sure that anything I tried will help you, but at least in my case, I have been able to access Bandlab from CbB.

Maybe others who use Bandlab (the web app) more than I do can help.

Thanks for trying to help.

I have created my project in CbB and then another person has created 6 audiotracks. I'm trying to import these 6 new tracks in my CbB project. This has been working fine in the past. I have also tried importing into a fresh project with the same result. I can see that the tracks are imported to the downloads folder as .flac and are playable, but the .wav files imported to the projects audio folder is are all 4kb and unplayable.

The other way didn't work either. Midi tracks played fine, but no sound on audio tracks when opened in Bandlab studio

I have  tried without having Bandlab studio running. Same thing

I don't know why this is happening. I have made many of collaborations this way.

On 11/8/2023 at 2:11 PM, SteenE said:

Thanks for trying to help.

I have created my project in CbB and then another person has created 6 audiotracks. I'm trying to import these 6 new tracks in my CbB project. This has been working fine in the past. I have also tried importing into a fresh project with the same result. I can see that the tracks are imported to the downloads folder as .flac and are playable, but the .wav files imported to the projects audio folder is are all 4kb and unplayable.

The other way didn't work either. Midi tracks played fine, but no sound on audio tracks when opened in Bandlab studio

I have  tried without having Bandlab studio running. Same thing

I don't know why this is happening. I have made many of collaborations this way.

I have exactly the same problem. The project is downloaded from the cloud without problems and loaded into the desktop application (latest version from the official site 2023.09 build 075, 64bit).  All tracks in .flac format when converted to .WAV are empty, it only works if you download the project combined into one track. I tried it on 2 different computers with Windows 10 and it doesn't work. I think that the problem is in the program; it does not convert files correctly.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Edited by Евгений Соколов

• 1 month later...

So, I haven't had to use it since xp'ish, however, if you use https://www.xiph.org/dshow/downloads/

opencodecs, then all the issues with the .flac loads go away, it seems accross products, so maybe they should include it.

It makes media player play .flacs too.

since the directshowe error x80042025 (or something liek that has popped up a bunch of time sfor me, it's nice to find a solution.)  It's the same irritation that led me to it in the first place, but that was with media player & things like early cubase, (current .com(aka cake walkers), etc.

Just about any Wave Editor can convert all audio formats. If the Flac files show as 4kb then there’s no audio. That’s just header info. 

If they are fine otherwise you can try dragging them from the browser into the project. I’m pretty sure Cakewalk takes Flac files that way.