Horrible crackling noise while using Cakewalk

Shaunak Nandigam

Question

Greetings cake walkers (really sorry for that),

Cakewalk has a horrible issue where no matter what my buffer size is set to, every time I'm doing ANYTHING it crackles like crazy (even after reinstalling). The audio engine also crashes every 5 minutes due to dropouts. I'm on a really good RTX 3080 Ti with 32 GB RAM and an AMD threadripper. The online bandlab DAW (which I REALLY REALLY loved because of its effects) had the exact same issue, unsolvable crackling no matter what your buffer size is, so I switched to cakewalk. It seems that any products related to Bandlab have a horrible unsolvable crackling issue. Can anyone who knows this well offer a solution? Other DAWs like Waveform work really well and seamlessly without causing any issues as compared to the online Bandlab DAW and Cakewalk so it's definitely a problem with the Bandlab products.

EDIT: It seems now that a dropout has crashed the audio engine and no sound plays no matter what. I'm getting frustrated with this DAW.

Edited by Shaunak Nandigam
Mentioned that other daws work fine

2 answers to this question

I am not having this issue at all with Cakewalk by Bandlab 2023.09 Build 75 (My specs as per my signature)

What are your PC specs?  (See my sig for the stuff needed)

What Sample rate, bit depth and buffer size are you using?

What audio interface and driver mode (Native ASIO is preferred) are you using?  Does your audio interface come with native drivers? (and not a wrapper like ASIO4ALL)

What have you tried so far?

Is everything updated. 

All drivers updated? (use device websites, not Windows updates for this)