SoundMagic - Bamboo Dreams - $99

Kirean

Supposedly normal pricing is $399

https://neovst.com/product/bamboo-dreams/

Bamboo Dreams is a collection of Chinese woodwinds instruments, including Long Dizi, Short Dizi, Bawu, Xiao, Dong Xiao, Hulusi, Guanzi and woodwinds ensembles.

Features:

• Deeply sampled, Over 30,400 samples, 42GB sample data
  • Modeled Vibrato, Bending, Glide, and Glissando
  • Innovative Performance Key Switch system
  • Embodied high-quality reverb and EQ
  • Comprehensive Envelope system
  • Scala Tuning System can emulate the old system used in ancient China
  • DFD/RAM system enables users to relocate resources and ensure the best performance under every individual project
  • Differnt GUI mode for standard resolution and 4K resolution

52 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

Be adviced that when people discuss Sound Magic products on the internet the focus seems to be on how bad they are.

Yeah, when I looked at the site it didn't really fill me with trust. Good looking out.

I've helped a lot of small developers I think were very talented without charging in past years,  but this is one developer where their work is consistently so poor, so far below even what I would consider mediocre,  that I feel it would be a disservice to this community not to speak up. I've tried a few of their instruments and found them to be very poor quality. I seriously can't understand how anyone could buy their plugins and feel they got something that was good quality they would be satisfied with.

Consequently,  I would recommend that anyone considering Sound Magic search for the two extensive curated lists of free sample libraries I've created on this forum. One is a curated list of free sample libraries for free players, the other is a curated list of free sample libraries for the full version of KONTAKT.  Those lists only contain free instruments I've personally tested and found to be good quality.  I can also say that those free instruments are vastly superior to anything I've heard from Sound Magic and they're completely free. To anyone considering this, please instead look at my list of similar instruments at no cost and take the money you saved and do something worthwhile with it. 

Edited by PavlovsCat