Full screen not working properly.

Michael Robertson

Question

Hello,

I am having a problem with the full screen mode. I went into full screen mode and when I push F11 to exit the mode, the main window frame is missing. This means that the task bar at the bottom of the screen is missing and the controls to minimize or close Cakewalk are missing as well. In order to exit, I have to select the menu item since there is no X in the upper right corner. Additionally, even though it is not in full screen mode, the check box on the menu is checked by "Full Screen". Is there some way to restore this? I tried restarting Cakewalk, creating a new project - nothing worked. I was able to fix it by nuking the Cakewalk registry entries and restarting it, but I would prefer a saner method.

3 answers to this question

UPDATE: I have 2 monitors. The main one I use is set at 1920 x 1080 and the second one is set at 3840 x 2160. I closed Cakewalk and switched the 2nd monitor to 1920 x 1080 and opened Cakewalk. It displayed with only half the window on the upper half of the screen - the menu was above the top of the screen, but the task bar was present. I then changed the 2nd monitor back to 3840 x 2160 and the Cakewalk outer frame was now present, but the start screen was displaying half of it and at the top of the screen.

I also forgot to mention in the first post, that in full screen, only the lower half of Cakewalk is displayed. This is what gave the clue that it might be a problem with the different screen sizes of the 2 monitors. 

So it seems that there is an issue with Cakewalk not computing window sizes correctly because of the 2 monitors with different sizes?