MIDI foot pedal control for Amplitube 5 within cakewalk?

kyle3108

Question

Hello, so I recently purchased a Line 6 FBV Express MK2.  I can use the pedal perfectly fine in the stand alone Amplitube 5 software but it's when I try to use it within Cakewalk I cant seem to get it working. I have the device enabled in the Preferences>MIDI>Devices menu but i when I go to set up my MIDI inputs I just doesn't seem to recognise them. 

Any help greatly appreciated.

7 answers to this question

Works fine here.

Enable “Enable MIDI input” on the Amplitube 5 Plugin window menu (on the down arrow next to VST2 or VST3). 

Then create a MIDI track with the Express MK2 on its input.  Then route the MIDI track to Amplitube 5.  Make sure input echo is enabled on that MIDI track.

16 minutes ago, kyle3108 said:

Thanks for the help, but how do I that

In the MIDI track, where you would normally tell the MIDI track what synth or MIDI port to send the MIDI data to, select Amplitube 5 on the drop down menu. 

This is assuming you have enabled “Enable MIDI input” on the Amplitube 5 Plugin window.

18 hours ago, Promidi said:

In the MIDI track, where you would normally tell the MIDI track what synth or MIDI port to send the MIDI data to, select Amplitube 5 on the drop down menu. 

This is assuming you have enabled “Enable MIDI input” on the Amplitube 5 Plugin window. 

Am I meant to be looking for amplitube in this drop down, been searching everywhere can't find a way to link the tracks, anyone able to provide a step by step on exactly what to click, cant for the life of me figure this out.

Thanks for all your time so far.

-Track 1 is just a normal track with amplitube loaded on it

-Track 2 is a MIDI track

image.thumb.png.3987c1ed28d4d50960e9ee18e7e014d9.png