Simple MIDI style based arranger

Misha

Mark,

That is an opinion or taste choice.  BIAB is much more than that :)  Because it's not very intuitive some folks give up easily. But things do change for the better. Since you have your mind set, I find it strange trying to convince you to see something beyond your formed opinions.

But... Speaking of EzKeys and Ezbass and going back to initial request.  If Cakewalk had a chord track that would properly re-harmonize MIDI sections, loops, riffs + Arranger that would work in tandem  and a media bay that would have certain features for easy browsing/auditioning I would never look at EZ stuff. 

P.S. BTW. I do have EZkeys2. Yes, it is a good tool to have in a toolbox.  Funny thing, I have not bought a single pack from them, because I am finding better and cheaper content from 3rd parties.

On 10/17/2023 at 3:28 AM, Misha said:

The:  "I hear",  is exactly what makes this an item of "taste".  I am certain, many will politely or impolitely disagree with you :)

True, Misha, but in the world of production music, having a taste that resonates with an audience isn't just a preference; it's a prerequisite. 

Whilst your passion for BIAB is admirable I can't help but wonder why I've never heard any of your music. 

"in the world of production music, having a taste that resonates with an audience isn't just a preference"

Well and here is your answer. Unlike you, I don't "work" for or try to "satisfy" particular strata of audience. I tinker with music because it brings me joy. Like hiking, reading, etc.  BIAB has a lot of genre material that is close to my taste / that I can relate to.  Likely not your "type of music". 

"I've never heard any of your music"

Is that kind of statement: "My mic is bigger than yours"?

If you are that curious,  I post things on Bandlab from time to time for friends and family, you are welcome to to take a peak.

Missing which point exactly? You are talking riddles.  Anyways, I thought that my Bandlab is connected to this forum ID, I guess not.

here you go:

https://www.bandlab.com/bluebeat13

Tunes I make are ~1/2  BIAB.

Before you go bashing my stuff....   I am immune to "quality control" remarks,  my stuff is mainly for friends and family.  But I 've met enough people who (unlike me) produce radio quality commercial stuff in good part using BIAB., and I would pick their music to roughly half of musical "content" pumped on local stations.

• Thanks 1

On 10/19/2023 at 2:46 PM, Misha said:

Before you go bashing my stuff....   I am immune to "quality control" remarks,  my stuff is mainly for friends and family.  But I 've met enough people who (unlike me) produce radio quality commercial stuff in good part using BIAB., and I would pick their music to roughly half of musical "content" pumped on local stations.

Sounds like throwback kinda music, I've heard worse with BIAB but once you've heard a few they start to get very same-y

Replacing the BIAB parts would go a long way to fixing this. 

Mark,

BIAB is a creative tool. It is what it is. Some people that I know use it only to map out chord structure, some use it to teach kids music theory, some sketch out backing tracks to practice to, there is also a  community of vision impaired folks who compose their tunes with BIAB, some do sketches for the bands,  to re-record live.   Hundreds of musicians from all over the world recorded Real and Midi tracks for BIAB program.  Some are great, some are not.  Just as everything in life.  Could it be better? Sure! But I am happy it exists.

Ok, back to topic.  Chord track linked to existing arranger in Cakewalk->Sonar :)