Drum Replacer Sample playback offset

Helios.G

Hey Guys,

I've been looking all over the forum and the old forums for sonar, and can't find an answer so hopefully someone here knows. I'm working on a project, and have drum replacer on a track. It's working as intended, but the playback is a bit off, but I can't get the sample head to lineup exactly with the sample start. Is there an easy way to get it to zero milliseconds? Thanks.  If anyone's wondering it's the section marked G on the manual in the drum replacer section.  Thanks!

Is it that you're having trouble  with fine adjustment, or something else?

When you hover over the red line, you should get a double-ended arrow indicating you can click and drag, and the offset time will be showing in the lower right corer of the sample display. It should default to 0 milliseconds. Adjustment with the mouse is admittedly pretty coarse and holding SHIFT dos not give fine control as it does elsewhere. I am able to get it back to 0.0 when dragged away, but I can't hit anything else between -1.8ms and +2.6ms. And there does not appear to be any other method of adjusting it or entering a value. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, David Baay said:

Is it that you're having trouble  with fine adjustment, or something else?

When you hover over the red line, you should get a double-ended arrow indicating you can click and drag, and the offset time will be showing in the lower right corer of the sample display. It should default to 0 milliseconds. Adjustment with the mouse is admittedly pretty coarse and holding SHIFT dos not give fine control as it does elsewhere. I am able to get it back to 0.0 when dragged away, but I can't hit anything else between -1.8ms and +2.6ms. And there does not appear to be any other method of adjusting it or entering a value. 

Hey David, yeah that's it pretty much. The inability to fine tune that part of the process. If I move it from zero to try and get a tighter sync, I can't ever get it back, unless I remove the region effect as a whole and then start over.  It's a bummer cause I think drum replacer, sonically, is better than a lot of plugins that do the same thing.  I guess I'm just frustrated cause I've got something I need to get done.  Thanks for trying to help though.

Did you know you can drag the drum replacer track to a midi or instrument track? Then you undo the regional effect and carry on. You now have a midi track and can use better drum sounds to replace the audio. You can also Quantize it but leakage from other drum mikes often screws this up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnnyV said:

Did you know you can drag the drum replacer track to a midi or instrument track? Then you undo the regional effect and carry on. You now have a midi track and can use better drum sounds to replace the audio. You can also Quantize it but leakage from other drum mikes often screws this up. 

That's a good tip. Thanks JohnnyV