New APD deal: 🔥 Lifetime Access to Secrets of the Pros Training - 75% Off!

chris.r

Avoid this and invest in something like Mixing with Mike instead. These are very short videos mainly telling you that computers are more powerful than analogue studios... and portable. That good microphone, good preamps, good tape can result in a good recording ... That learning mixing over the years is a walk in the park. 

Three hours of that mixture of common sense and motivational speech. 

My advice: Better get drunk for the money. Less headache the day after. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ralfrobert said:

Avoid this and invest in something like...

Thank you. The blurb gives impression as if you are getting something to have inspiration for years, when doing some mixing/recording. But not this type of inspiration you are talking about 🙄 so you just saved me the headache day after! Appreciate.

I thought Mixing with Mike was a free series, I have watched some videos on youtube. Also I remember there was something called Bob Owsinski's 101 Mixing Tricks (or Mix Tricks) where I have literally first time heard about things like parallel compression or NY style reverb trick! That would be cool if we could get it on a good sale.

Mike White also has paid courses, frequently on sale. 

https://www.mixingwithmike.com/store

I have a few of them, never regretted spending some money. Mike is very thorough, lots of attention to detail. And he is going deep and deeper, always listening to the results, commenting, tweaking... Mixing looks like the hard work it is.  This helped me a lot for the price of burger and beer. 

As for YouTube stuff: I am using Studio One for everyday work and love the stuff by Joe Gilder. Just in case you don't know him. Cannot hurt to check, it's free. 

Edited by ralfrobert
  • Like 1