Downloading a safety copy of Cakewalk by Bandlab

norfolkmastering

Question

Now that the days of Cakewalk by Bandlab are coming to an end, can someone tell me if it's possible to download a complete version of Cakewalk by Bandlab as a safety copy should I have to reinstall (maybe when I buy a new PC).

I mean a complete copy which doesn't then rely on having to access further download files on the Cakewalk by Bandlab server (which may no longer be there in the future)

Thanks

2 answers to this question

Just go to a computer you haven't installed Cakewalk on and download it and the extras. You can probably do it on the same computer but this is what I did a few weeks ago. They will all be in your download folder one way or the other.  

Take note that at this point there's no information telling us they will remove the 6 month re activation time out from the final release. There's a good chance they will keep that so they can tell how many people are still using CbB.  I think there's no worries about them removing CbB completely in the near future. Only time will tell. Relax. 

Edited by JohnnyV

Thanks for the advice.  Can I just check a point?

Were you able to download a complete copy of Cakewalk without having to start the install?

I'm not worried about the activation time out as I can't imagine that Bandlab would leave users of Cakewalk by Bandlab without the means to use the software.