Cakewalk isn't receiving any input from my guitar or mic, but other programs do get the input

Eric Todd

Trying to use Cakewalk as a virtual amp for practicing, have this audio interface with it's drivers, have ASIO4ALL, and these settings (have tried all 3 inputs within Cakewalk - none work).

I don't get any action in the gain monitor from either input, but hear both in my headphones (with no effects, hearing the raw output from the mic and guitar plus pre-amp gain). Watched a ton of youtube videos and read forum posts but haven't found a solution. 

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

10 hours ago, Byron Dickens said:

Must not have been that important....

Yeah. Something about the "..Watched a ton of youtube videos and read forum posts.." part left me thinking it was a bot-created post, probably to get hits going from the Amazon product link.   -Certainly didn't seem to have read the other zillion posts about ASIO4ALL.  -And when I bring up the OP - I could swear I hear dogs barking somewhere (blatant Terminator reference) - but maybe that's just me...  Anyway, I think your first post answer was as helpful as can be, for all that it's worth now!

@Byron Dickens,   @JnTuneTech   

The OP actually returned on the 19th. I've noticed a lot of 1 post wonders do this. And even some who ask a lot of questions. I called out a person once for repeatedly posting and abandoning the threads and they responded saying they didn't think they needed to bother and that it was none of my business what they do. 

These days if I see a post count of 1 and someone has already replied I wait and see. 

My guess is,,,this  is spam. A little different than most in that the link was added with the OP and relevant to the forum.

That said, if this a genuine request for help...consider returning the "AKLOT" interface and spend a little more for an entry level Focusrite (such as the Scarlett Solo) or Presonus AudioBox series device.  

Devices such as the one linked in the OP that ship with ASIO4ALL in leu of a proper ASIO driver are defective by design, at least when it comes to this application.

• Like 2