Does tempo map nudge along with tracks

T Boog

Hi. If I nudge forward a whole section of a song in track view, that has both midi & audio tracks, will the tempo track edits nudge forward along with the section? (Isn't there a setting for this?). Thanks

On 7/7/2023 at 1:45 AM, Lord Tim said:

Yep, turn on Ripple Edit: All and that should do what you're after :)

PRO-TIP: Turn the damn thing off immediately after or you're going to Have A Bad Time.

Awesome, it worked perfect. And I made sure to turn it off after(I see how that could cause lots of probs). Thanks Tim!

• Like 1

On 7/7/2023 at 1:45 AM, Lord Tim said:

PRO-TIP: Turn the damn thing off immediately after or you're going to Have A Bad Time.

yeah, nothing like forgetting to turn it off and spending 30 minutes editing tracks to find it's skewed beyond repair... heard it from, erm, a friend πŸ˜‰Β one reason i separate record and mix projects. hypothetically, uh, if i, erm, did something like that, i could simply re-start a new mix project with all the original recording tracks intact and not have to try and sort 500 "edit" files...

Edited by Glenn Stanton
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Glenn Stanton said:

yeah, nothing like forgetting to turn it off and spending 30 minutes editing tracks to find it's skewed beyond repair... heard it from, erm, a friend πŸ˜‰Β one reason i separate record and mix projects. hypothetically, uh, if i, erm, did something like that, i could simply re-start a new mix project with all the original recording tracks intact and not have to try and sort 500 "edit" files...

I'm just glad that's never happened to you personally Glenn πŸ™„.

Well, my saving grace is making lots of backup copies. Esp since I'm new to DAW recording. It's not hard for me to screw stuff up. Thanks to u guys here on the forum though, that's happening to me less & less. I can now say with confidence that I'm no longer a complete idiot πŸ™ƒ

• Like 1