SSL Channel Strip vs Pro Channel

9 hours ago, Quick Math said:

Regarding the evolution of modern EDM, it does rely on utilizing advanced tools and techniques that contribute to improved sound quality.

...with the irony being that the master gets maximized to end up with 6 dB of total dynamic range 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Quick Math said:

I apologize if my previous comment came across as recommending the purchase of plugins. That was not my intention. I strongly believe that it's possible to create exceptional EDM tracks without spending additional money on plugins, as there are numerous high-quality free options available.

And I don't want to give the impression that I am against doing so. I have certainly spent a couple of dollars on various hardware emulations to go after a certain sound or vibe. 

I just want to emphasize that skill should be one's primary consideration. Once you learn the principles and techniques, then you can get whatever plugins you want and you will know how to use them to get great results.

• Like 2

I'm happy to see a little conversation coming out of this. Just to clarify, I'm not exactly a beginner in making music, but with Cakewalk yes. I haven't done any finalized productions on it, but I'm working on the first one. Thanks for the input for all, it's good to see different views.