Modo Drum causes bad clicks & pops

T Boog

That solves that potential problem. We can now confirm you do have a proper ASIO driver which is defiantly what you will use. 

Question?  when you looked in the Registry was the PreSonus the only ASIO driver? If there are others remove them.  I assume you watched the video. 

Anyhow we are then back to you should try lower buffer settings like 256 or 512 in ASIO mode, possibly this was the difference because if you used WASAPI shared it automatically uses what it thinks is the best setting and you usually can't adjust it.  

1.  make sure and download the latest version of the Universal control. 

2. Try the VST 2 version of the plug in. 

Companies that focus on Mac OS don't always have the best Windows drivers, example my Motu M4 sucks compared to my Focusrite. I can run the same project no problem at 128 on the Scarlett but the Motu will stutter. I have to use 256 and even 512 on bigger projects with lots of effects. Motu is a very Mac oriented company. 

At this point I would be thinking it's either a faulty driver or it's a plug in that is not 100% compatible with Cakewalk. If this is the case it wouldn't hurt to contact both vendors and explain what is happening. 

Edited by JohnnyV

On 6/20/2023 at 11:33 AM, JohnnyV said:

That solves that potential problem. We can now confirm you do have a proper ASIO driver which is defiantly what you will use. 

Question?  when you looked in the Registry was the PreSonus the only ASIO driver? If there are others remove them.  I assume you watched the video. 

Anyhow we are then back to you should try lower buffer settings like 256 or 512 in ASIO mode, possibly this was the difference because if you used WASAPI shared it automatically uses what it thinks is the best setting and you usually can't adjust it.  

1.  make sure and download the latest version of the Universal control. 

2. Try the VST 2 version of the plug in. 

Companies that focus on Mac OS don't always have the best Windows drivers, example my Motu M4 sucks compared to my Focusrite. I can run the same project no problem at 128 on the Scarlett but the Motu will stutter. I have to use 256 and even 512 on bigger projects with lots of effects. Motu is a very Mac oriented company. 

At this point I would be thinking it's either a faulty driver or it's a plug in that is not 100% compatible with Cakewalk. If this is the case it wouldn't hurt to contact both vendors and explain what is happening. 

Thanks John. Btw, I did find this info in a Modo Drum ad saying it requires high CPU. It really does feel like it bogs down my little computer.

I'm thinking for now, I'll just stick with these Slate drums. At least they give me no problems(at all) and they don't sound half bad. Hopefully I can upgrade my system sooner than later and give MODO Drum another go.

Thanks again John & all you guys for the kind help. I've learned a lot. Cheers!

Screenshot_20230621_163616_Gallery.jpg

My money is on the Audio interface. 

Can you borrow a different Audio interface that definitely comes with Native ASIO drivers (like a Focusrite Scarlet range)?

Even if your drivers are simply a wrapper (like ASIO4ALL), you will still see an entry in the registry ASIO section.

That makes sense Promidi. After all, the performance tab showed I had plenty of CPU & memory to spare with Modo Drum yet I still got pops & clicks on ASIO (regardless of buffer setting). But with WASAPI it worked perfect. 

Well I don't have access to another interface but I'll def start looking online for a good deal. I know the Focusrites also have a lower noise floor than my Audiobox.

However, this means I have to start sucking up to the ol lady again 😖. Unfortunately, she pops & clicks too.