Behringer Edge Out and Spice announced

Nick Blanc

After the Crave which mimics the Moog Mother32 they finally released the highly anticipated (at least by me) Edge. This is their DFAM clone. I've been waiting for this one since they announced it (when I was 12 years old....no actually somwhere in 2021). So I ordered one right away from Thomann. Seems they have some conflicting information about the shipping date, because it showed 'in stock' when I ordered but now there is a wait time and it shows 1-2 weeks. I will check in with Thomann what is happening. 

In the meantime they announced the Spice which is the Moog Subharmonic clone and completes the three Moog icons. So I guess I'll be getting that too when it is shipping. They say it is in final beta testing, so maybe this year? Anyway, their Facebook says: "We have more models to come", so I'm very curious what those will be since they completed the Moog Sound Studio trio.

Any thoughts? 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, update time. I was supposed to get my Edge today. Just in time to create a jam video this weekend. I was REALLY looking forward to it...but as usual UPS f$#@s everything up.

I might be wrong, but the last 4 shipments were messed up. Too late, saying they were at my door but not being anywhere near, delivering at my door while I clearly stated I didn't want that, saying they are going to deliver but in reality the shipment is still in ANOTHER COUNTRY. Ok ok Germany is right around the corner, I'm there in an hour. But still.

Launched my complaint already on Twitter, hopefully they will respond, but I'm not counting on getting it this weekend. Which will be a problem next week when not at home. And of course I can't change the delivery date because I can't create an account because their website has groundhog day syndrome or something.

I'm at the point of not ordering anything from stores which ship with UPS. 

Rant over 😡😡

Edited by Nick Blanc

I've been trying to get in touch with UPS from friday until now. There is no response. They left my package at my doorstep while I didn't give them permission to do so, They made a delivery photo where the conviently didn't show how they damaged the whole box. So I dropped my complaint to Thomann, and gave UPS a last change te respond before I take it out of the DM's and into the public domain.

PXL_20230620_160923923.thumb.jpg.9d9cdd2b78085d7ccd40d8fe000fcd35.jpg

The Edge seems fine at first glance, but I will have tot test it to be sure. Really, f%$#k UPS.