No Audio Drivers

Recently Cakewalk stopped recognizing my Focusrite Scarlett 2nd generation 18i20 audio interface:  image.png.efd2e0d758c024c74a9ebd825c8f7316.png

This is the error message I get.  ASIO driver mode is selected and the audio interface is functioning properly.  BandLab Support asked me to reinstall the Focusrite drivers, which I did.  That required me to reboot the computer.  After I did, Cakewalk recognized the interface for one day and then stopped recognizing it today.  I do not know what's wrong and am very frustrated that I can't get anything done while this condition exists.  Hopefully someone can help me get this working.  I never had this problem before and I have been using Cakewalk almost since  it first came out.

Edited by UCG Musician

When you get that message go to Windows Settings/System/ Sound and see if the Focusrite is the audio device there. If not,  then open Manage sound devices and see if it is listed there. If it isn't then you have a bad connection. 

In my first few videos after the introduction video I have 3 videos with details of troubleshooting audio issues in Cakewalk. 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7YqVth30eGt7K5L5fUIUF_UjCsdAVCbd

I'm confused about what's going on.  The audio interface is hooked up and never disconnected.  It is active and functioning and has an icon in the tray which displays its status, sample rate, buffer size and clock settings.  Windows recognizes it and and it acts normally during a test at 24 bit depth and 44,100 Hz sample rate.

When any audio (YouTube, MP3, etc.) is playing, the Focusrite meters are moving and the input and output sliders affect the sound.  Today, I just closed all programs and rebooted again.  When I launched Cakewalk everything (so far) is functioning normally.

Cakewalk MIDI is functioning normally as well.  I just took a file with MIDI tracks only, inserted an audio track and recorded the output from one of two connected MIDI devices.  Everything is functioning normally.

For now, I'm going to just leave Cakewalk running all the time in hops that the problem doesn't resurface.  If this latest information that I posted sheds any light on the problem, please reply!

To John at Cactus Music: I didn't know about your videos and am impressed with what I've seen so far.

• Like 1

There are many weird things that can happen with your audio even when using a good interface. I often have to re boot my system after using other apps that use audio because Cakewalk becomes distorted if I try and record new material.  Glad you like the videos. I'm just re doing all of them so will be a few months before the whole series is posted. Getting positive feedback motivates me to keep at it. 

• Like 1