TAL Software Updates FREE TAL-Vocoder With New Features

satya

https://tal-software.com/products/tal-vocoder

https://bedroomproducersblog.com/2023/04/26/tal-vocoder/

Version 3.0.0 / 24.04.2023

New carrier and modulator volume controls with a meter.

New flexible routing possibilities using sidechain signals.

New scalable UI with file preset browser.

A lot of improvements and fixes.

Not 100% backward compatible. Especially the input mode routing with the L and R channel is not available anymore. We have replaced it with new sidechain routing possibilities.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

I've spent a few hours on the new TAL Vocoder. The new version (3.0) is certainly a great improvement in usability over the old (2.X) versions!! I think any sonic differences are nil. The user manual warns about a periodic noise sound from the vocoder output every minute for unregistered/unpaid versions. I never heard that sound in my testing. The free version seems to be 100% operational.

The user manual leaves me with nothing but questions about the improved signal routing capability (a MAJOR improvement, IMO). It makes a mention with a few simple definitions and nothing more. That seems like the wrong way to explain a major new feature. It would be great if Bandlab could be added to the "Routing examples" section.

Does anyone know the center frequency of each of the 11 bandpass filters? It would be nice to be able to manipulate those parameters like the "other" vocoder plug-in. I would call that a nice-to-have feature. (Perhaps that level of adjustability is not useful in practice?)

3 hours ago, John Speth said:

I've spent a few hours on the new TAL Vocoder. The new version (3.0) is certainly a great improvement in usability over the old (2.X) versions!! I think any sonic differences are nil. The user manual warns about a periodic noise sound from the vocoder output every minute for unregistered/unpaid versions. I never heard that sound in my testing. The free version seems to be 100% operational.

The user manual leaves me with nothing but questions about the improved signal routing capability (a MAJOR improvement, IMO). It makes a mention with a few simple definitions and nothing more. That seems like the wrong way to explain a major new feature. It would be great if Bandlab could be added to the "Routing examples" section.

Does anyone know the center frequency of each of the 11 bandpass filters? It would be nice to be able to manipulate those parameters like the "other" vocoder plug-in. I would call that a nice-to-have feature. (Perhaps that level of adjustability is not useful in practice?)

Since there is no paid version of the Vocoder, my guess is that text is copied over from a user guide for a different (paid) plugin, that they used as a starting point for the Vocoder guide.

• Great Idea 1