Plugins linked to the wrong file folder, no way to change it

Kat Craig

Hi everyone, 
I recently upgraded my PC with a new cpu, motherboard etc, and upgraded to windows 11. After re-installing my plugins and activating them, cakewalk is still linking them to an old folder that no longer exists...I've added the correct folders for scanning but the scan button is disabled for on that screen. I can click scan on the main cakewalk screen, but nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. 

Screenshot 2023-04-23 191338.png

Screenshot 2023-04-23 191427.png

Screenshot 2023-04-23 191650.png

VacuumPro is shown listed in the Registered Plug-ins of your PI Manager, so it should be there. Looks like you have not built any Plugin Menu layouts tho...
Highlight the PI that you want and click on the <Add Plugin> button to move it to the right column and then save the layout. Open CW and look in the Plugin Bin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kat Craig said:

I have all of my plugins installed in C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\VstPlugins Not the D drive. Does that not matter? 

All the correct path information matters. Your reply doesn't quite match the screenshots I see, however. Are all the screenshots from the same settings? Two pictures mention items on d:\ - but in 2 different folders. And the VST Scan Paths picture clearly has f:\steinberg ... in the list.

The plugin load error could be unrelated to the scan location (even though that also looks mis-matched above) - maybe you missed setting that one up right (VacuumPro).

Otherwise, again in the plugin manager screenshot, your Velvet plugin is listed as located on the d:\ drive. -Did you also change drives and/or assignments on the new system?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JnTuneTech said:

All the correct path information matters. Your reply doesn't quite match the screenshots I see, however. Are all the screenshots from the same settings? Two pictures mention items on d:\ - but in 2 different folders. And the VST Scan Paths picture clearly has f:\steinberg ... in the list.

The plugin load error could be unrelated to the scan location (even though that also looks mis-matched above) - maybe you missed setting that one up right (VacuumPro).

Otherwise, again in the plugin manager screenshot, your Velvet plugin is listed as located on the d:\ drive. -Did you also change drives and/or assignments on the new system?

Yeah I did change drives when I upgraded the system. But I also uninstalled and reinstalled them on the new drive, I'm just not sure why it isn't recognizing the new drive. 

11 hours ago, OutrageProductions said:

@Kat Craig In the PI Manager, this shows the location of each and every plug that CW finds. If you don't have the scan folders set correctly, or have stored plugs in other locations, they won't be found.

image.png.08266fa344bf5c079732affec9d43942.png

Maybe I need to uninstall them and reinstall them again... its just so weird. 

1 minute ago, bitflipper said:

After moving plugins around, it's a good idea to click the Reset button before scanning. This blows away all the old absolute pathnames stored in the registry before the scan relocates them.

Yeah for whatever reason those buttons are disabled for me.