ProChannel Presets Downloads?

Hello,

When creating presets for FX plugins and other things, I usually try to start with a preset that is close to what I want, then I modify it and save it as a new one. I'm getting into ProChannel more and more and would like to find a source to download free presets, if possible. I have the stock ones, but they're limited in some areas (acoustic and orchestral instruments, vocals, etc). Is there a place to find them? Thanks.

--john

On 4/23/2023 at 2:52 PM, sjoens said:

Apparently here. But I only see one posting.

When pro channel was first introduced there were a lot of presets. You would think this place would be loaded with them.  Maybe we should make a challenge or something. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sjoens said:

Personally not really into presets as each instance is usually custom tailored.

I get that. Just still weird for there to be none . So weird that they don't even have the old ones. I know the old ones they released shortly after x1 don't load consistently in later versions, but you would think someone could at the very least alter those to load . for beginners it was a good starting point

@sjoens:  yes, you're correct, presets are very useful for building your own. But are you saying that you don't use them at all? Personally, I ALWAYS start with a preset, and then tweak it. No sense reinventing the wheel, as it were. They save a lot of time. For instance, I have hundreds of EQ presets saved, and I usually name them with the instrument and the song title, so I can find them easily. If there's a particular sound I like on a song that I mixed 5 years ago, I can quickly find the presets for all the FX used in it. I come from the old days when we had to take a Polaroid photo of the outboard gear and the mixing desk (still called a "snapshot", even in software), in order to remember what settings were used in a mix. These were stapled to the track sheets. I love presets! [grin] 

• Like 1

I never say never, but normally No.   I'm a (30 yr) novice and presets can confuse me so I usually just start tweaking knobs till I get what I (think) I want. However, I have tweaked and resaved presets on every piece of outboard gear I've owned. 

16 minutes ago, jegenes said:

I come from the old days when we had to take a Polaroid photo of the outboard gear and the mixing desk (still called a "snapshot", even in software), in order to remember what settings were used in a mix.

I actually came up with that one after whishing I'd done it 20 yrs after the fact.... or write detailed notes in the Track Inspector.... but usually forget to do it. 9_9 But In my case these are only good for the individual project.

• Like 1