feelin' SPACEY today!- new tune

bats brew

i'm still refining this one,
for an upcoming album of songs patterned after classic 70's rock tunes...

i've taken the original arrangements, basic drum grooves and original tempos, of some of my favorite classic 70's rock tunes, and used that as the 'starting point' of a collection of songs i'm working on.

it's a big experiment for me.

this song, for example, is patterned after paul mccartney's WINGS song, "Junior's Farm".

more than half of a 10 song future album, will have this treatment.
these tunes will be vocal heavy, featuring harmonies and unison singing over guitar stuff.
tho, the hardest part of writing this one,
was coming up with modern sounding original rhythm guitar tracks, and not sounding like "juniors farm".
LOL

2 hours ago, batsbrew said:

i'm still refining this one,
for an upcoming album of songs patterned after classic 70's rock tunes...

i've taken the original arrangements, basic drum grooves and original tempos, of some of my favorite classic 70's rock tunes, and used that as the 'starting point' of a collection of songs i'm working on.

it's a big experiment for me.

this song, for example, is patterned after paul mccartney's WINGS song, "Junior's Farm".

more than half of a 10 song future album, will have this treatment.
these tunes will be vocal heavy, featuring harmonies and unison singing over guitar stuff.
tho, the hardest part of writing this one,
was coming up with modern sounding original rhythm guitar tracks, and not sounding like "juniors farm".
LOL

Great song! I can hear the Wings DNA in the chorus for sure, and the synth intro was great, loved it (but not in the biblical sense.)

Edited by Kevin Walsh
Spelling

17 hours ago, Kevin Walsh said:

Great song! I can hear the Wings DNA in the chorus for sure, and the synth intro was great, loved it (but not in the biblical sense.)

hi kevin!!

yea, forming a song in the shape of a well known song, is walking a fine line, i think.

i'm glad that the 'dna' does show thru tho...

the intro, you know, i had to make it kinda sci-fi, to kick the song off in the right frame of mind...

some of that was my playing a soft synth with a controller, and some of it was samples, and a lot of it was guitar noises with echo!

LOL

thanks for listening and commenting

On 4/16/2023 at 7:52 AM, FreeEarCandy said:

Pretty cool. Outstanding sound quality. 

thanks free!

sound quality, yea, that's the goal, as long as it doesn't get in the way of the creative.

i tried to make the arrangement more 'open', so the sounds had room to breathe.

the guitar part was a lot of fun to come up with... something that snapped, and grooved, at the same time.

• Like 1

by the way, this mix,
is just for the video...
the album mix will have all that front stuff chopped off,
and just about 10 seconds of buildup before it kicks in.

i just had to set the mood for the abduction.

the synths are the ufo coming in...
the guitar noises are background space noises,
and the scratchy samples are the aliens beaming me up.

then once i get inside, the music starts.