Sonar SUDDENLY changed to Demo! Need to get files over to Cubase.Please help.

Andy Nazzal

Question

Hello,

After 6 years of recording with Sonar Professional, I recently purchased Cubase with the intention of transferring many song files over to mix/master on Cubase. Lousy timing- yesterday my Sonar declared it is now in DEMO mode (cannot save, export, etc.) Unfortunately, the username/password for Sonar was lost in a robbery so I cannot unlock it from Demo mode.

Any help on this is extremely appreciated!

Andy

2 answers to this question

Download Cakewalk by Bandlab.

It's free, and entirely backwards compatible with SONAR and all of your plugins registered to SONAR will work in Cakewalk. It's more or less exactly the same program as SONAR Professional but with thousands of bug fixes and extra features. Everything should simply just open in Cakewalk.

Additionally, you might be able to contact support and see if they can recover your username and password if this was all registered via Cakewalk Command Centre. This is kept open as a courtesy to users of older software before Bandlab acquired the intellectual property.

But I'd suggest going here and grabbing the Cakewalk installer and using the free current DAW: https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk

Edited by Lord Tim
  • Great Idea 5

On 4/8/2023 at 2:16 PM, Andy Nazzal said:

Hello,

After 6 years of recording with Sonar Professional, I recently purchased Cubase with the intention of transferring many song files over to mix/master on Cubase. Lousy timing- yesterday my Sonar declared it is now in DEMO mode (cannot save, export, etc.) Unfortunately, the username/password for Sonar was lost in a robbery so I cannot unlock it from Demo mode.

Any help on this is extremely appreciated!

Andy

Cakewalk by Bandlab is equivalent to SONAR Platinum in terms of license, so you can simply open your SONAR Professional projects in there without any issues. Even the plugins will work.