A|A|S Multiphonics CV-2

cclarry

1 hour ago, Agentslimepunk said:

I picked up CV-1 right after it was released (maybe ~2 years ago IIRC?) and was really surprised by the lack of some of these very features, so I emailed them multiple times asking if they might implement an FX instance of the VST, and if they'd somehow get rid of the error message that basically tells you you've run out of module space (seriously, if this is still a problem with CV-2, I'm going to laugh).

The CV-2 can be used as an effect, with its own separate set of patches.

The rack size limit must have a been a design choice because the workspace/rack is set up to scroll when there are more modules than are visible in the window.

I understand that one aspect of the trip of going modular (at least in the physical world) is that you always have to make do with the limited number of modules that you can afford to buy (and they are usually more than expensive).  The CV-2 has a maximum of 57 narrow modules or 21 wide modules on three rows plus the four at the top that are always there.

I like the UI.  The colours and details are very soft on the eyes.

I'm learning a lot about the very basics of sound design with this synth, but even the slightest sound is a fair amount of work when you don't really know what you're doing.  A lot of things aren't intuitively obvious.