New Installation error: (DeWire.dll) Unable to register the DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0x3

Hanbyeol Joo

Question

I got an Cakewalk installation error while registering some files after extracting step.

I tried reexecuting the Cakewalk installer, but the same error came up again.

I also tried deleting all the visual c++ redistributables, then reinstalling Cakewalk, and got the same error.

I even tried running with administrator the Cakewalk installer, and reinstalling the vc_redist, but still got the same error.

Those two errors below are main problem, I suppose. Actually the program seems to be installed after ignoring the errors. If I open a program and try saving the project, however, a message says "saving is not available before activated" and it fails. 

first.png

second.png

2 answers to this question

First of all the path that Cakewalk is showing "C:WProgram FilesW.....", Looks funny since it has the "W" in it rather then the expected "\". Are you using a non-english version of Windows?

When you try to run Cakewalk you need to activate it. You need a Bandlab account and log into it.

https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/articles/900006746466-Activation-FAQ#:~:text=By default%2C activation is done,in%2C Cakewalk will be activated.

On 3/26/2023 at 6:04 AM, reginaldStjohn said:

First of all the path that Cakewalk is showing "C:WProgram FilesW.....", Looks funny since it has the "W" in it rather then the expected "\". Are you using a non-english version of Windows?

When you try to run Cakewalk you need to activate it. You need a Bandlab account and log into it.

https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/articles/900006746466-Activation-FAQ#:~:text=By default%2C activation is done,in%2C Cakewalk will be activated.

I'm using actually Korean version, here is perceived the same as \. Now it seems there is no problem on saving after I logged into Bandlab account. Thanks.