Mute UNDO? / Global Mute button DISABLE/LOCK?

pulsewalk

So, I have several large projects. One is around 200 tracks, where I have lots of muted tracks here and there.

Is it possible to lock or disable the global mute button? (The one you can accidentally press and all the tracks get un-muted??)

Or even better, is there an UNDO function for the mute?

Because every time I do this, I simply have to close the entire project and open it up again, if I want the mute state (that I had before the accidental un-muting) back. Problem with this is not only it takes forever, since a project of this size is very slow to open,... but I also lose all the work I've done since the last save or auto-save.

Most often, I save a new project either way with all the tracks unmuted, especially if I've done much work since the last save. Just to be able to manually re-enable all the old previous mutes. But this is extremely time consuming as I have to open an older instance of the project and start to comparing them to see which tracks that were muted.

This is really a pain in  the a**!

Mix recall does NOT work with my mutes. According what can be read here, mute settings should be stored, but is NOT, at least not for me:

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Mixing.48.html

Edited by pulsewalk

3 hours ago, reginaldStjohn said:

No global mute disable that I know of. A though I had was that a "mix scene"  might be useful in this case to save the state of the mute buttons.

Yeah, but unfortunately, as I wrote, the Mix recall does not work for me for some reason. It does not save the mute-state of any track at all :(