Just Bones

treesha

14 hours ago, Supa Reels said:

Right!

I listened (a couple of turns maybe more 😉 ) I am a reader of words and I love (if that's right, given the sadness and seemingly hopeless message ) what you have put down in your music, for me, it seems unfinished, and I also feel that I can't offer a crit to help ... just that something is missing .. certainly not the verse, but in the whole piece somehow.. maybe the high hat could come down a bit and bass drum up, to carry the tune through , the continuous drone of the pad is great ( John Lennon's 'I'm only dreaming ' comes to mind) .. for me you have a real feel for the message and skipped your skill as a musician, in some way.

Never the less it is a great piece and worthy of a little more time ..instrumentally ... plus! "where's the lyrics!"😎 LOL

All the best

Steve

Hi Steve, thanks for listening listening again I appreciate it and your commenting. I think I will post lyrics yes they are important to me.  Nice to know what you thought was great and what suggestions you have, i have spent long months on this never finishing due to circumstances and I have no energy to take it on again at the moment! The pad you mention is strummed guitar and strings panned. I had the high hat and snare on a bus together maybe their balance was off.  Thanks again! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, treesha said:

Hi Steve, thanks for listening listening again I appreciate it and your commenting. I think I will post lyrics yes they are important to me.  Nice to know what you thought was great and what suggestions you have, i have spent long months on this never finishing due to circumstances and I have no energy to take it on again at the moment! The pad you mention is strummed guitar and strings panned. I had the high hat and snare on a bus together maybe their balance was off.  Thanks again! 

Just a thing ... 'cause it's my way .. Don't think your voice needs any process ...been going through your work and  'Side Effect of Technology' says it all ... well a bit anyway ....I think I am becoming a fan :) ... so don't let me down on the lyrics LOL 🤝

Stay well

Steve

SupaReels Music

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Supa Reels said:

Just a thing ... 'cause it's my way .. Don't think your voice needs any process ...been going through your work and  'Side Effect of Technology' says it all ... well a bit anyway ....I think I am becoming a fan :) ... so don't let me down on the lyrics LOL 🤝

Stay well

Steve

SupaReels Music

Here are the lyrics, a request from a maybe fan Steve ha.. ps if you would hear my vocals before melodyne and processing you might feel differently !

Just Bones by Treesha deFrance

Where do I find myself?

How can I lose myself ?

I need to fix myself Strip myself

Just Bones, broke bones

What can I say when words don’t matter?

How can I pray when prayers just scatter?

Up to the sky where I can’t fly

No more fortresses to hide in, abide in, reside in

The doors unlock from the inside

Open wide No place to Hide

Surprise Surprise

Fates don’t ever fight about it

They just like to win

I’ve done all I can

Done more than I can

Battle weary

Put down the sword

Put down the shield