Copying Frozen Tracks/Clips

While it is convenient, when adding kontakt for example, to use the advanced dialog "Instrument Track Per Output" I have 2 issues.

1) It takes a lot of time to freeze or unfreeze when the tracks are more than 3 or 4
2) Coping these frozen tracks/clips (that appear only as audio) doesn't include the midi file  so when I unfreeze my copied parts disappear.  Is there a solution for that ? Unfreezing takes also a lot of time so I would like to avoid it.

I do this from the Add Track menu and simple instrument tracks are created. I didn't use this method before

Edited by Maria P

A frozen track is just audio. It keeps the midi associated with it but it basically converts it to a normal audio track. If you want to copy the whole track then right click on the track and select duplicate.

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR&language=3&help=Arranging.06.html

On my system freezing a track takes a while because it has to render the synth's output to audio. Going back, Unfreezing, takes very little time.

• Like 1

I think the problem happens when you don't have a separate midi track for each output. I thought my copies would be valid with hidden midi data copied as well.
I will try to duplicate though my main concern is clips.

I still have some HDD drives streaming audio and loading/unloading time can be frustrating