BUSS Folders again

steve@baselines.com

I did some searching, and I guess other people had brought this up and offered some workarounds, but it would be really cool if you could actually implement BUSS folders that work the same way as track folders.  It would really simplify my life.  It seems like it would programmatically be an easy thing to clone from the track folders code, but what do I know?  Perhaps it even exists now and I have missed it.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2023 at 3:12 AM, Lord Tim said:

It doesn't currently, and it would be a cool idea, but I'm sure someone has mentioned the workaround being just use Aux tracks instead of busses and throw them all into their own folder and respective subfolders.

Hi Lord Tim - thank you - I spent the afternoon setting up the AUX and Patch tracks necessary in my new project template.  It took a long time and some critical thinking, but I am hoping it will work out well for my next project.  It would have been so much easier/cleaner with the BUSS folders.  And hey, since I went to the effort of setting everything up as AUX tracks/Patch points, Cakewalk will probably implement BUSS folders in the next release. LOL.

• Like 1

The best news is that you can select all of those Aux tracks and right click on one and do Save as Track Template and it'll automatically save everything from the routing to the folders to the colour settings, so you really only needed to do it this one time and it's available for any project, even if it wasn't made with your regular project template. :) 

But yes, especially before we had Aux tracks, my busses were entirely out of control and folders were high on my wishlist. Not so much now, but it would still be handy I think.

On 3/1/2023 at 4:19 PM, steve@baselines.com said:

Hi Lord Tim - thank you - I spent the afternoon setting up the AUX and Patch tracks necessary in my new project template.  It took a long time and some critical thinking, but I am hoping it will work out well for my next project.  It would have been so much easier/cleaner with the BUSS folders.  And hey, since I went to the effort of setting everything up as AUX tracks/Patch points, Cakewalk will probably implement BUSS folders in the next release. LOL.

Extra bonus with aux tracks is that you can freeze them to significantly lighten your CPU load. 

Record aux track, archive respective tracks and freeze the aux.

5 hours ago, Light Grenade said:

Extra bonus with aux tracks is that you can freeze them to significantly lighten your CPU load. 

Record aux track, archive respective tracks and freeze the aux.

Yes!  That is really helpful.  Back in 2013, my system was pretty hefty, but these days it is showing its age a little.  Still, 10 years is longer than I have gone without an upgrade.  Freezing AUXs will probably take me into 2025 LOL