Waves Magma BB Tubes

Steev

Well so much for my New Years Resolution to NOT purchase any more plugins this year. 😂 Silly me, I should have put Waves™ on my "Block Sender" list, because when I got an email for this new plugin for $29 flash sale my original thought was that it was just more of the same of what I already have, and it kinda is if I stack up a rather complex ProChannel & FX chain, but this makes life so much easier, sooo. But alas, it does MORE and does unexpected things making it more better, with more choices all in one GUI and more easier compare and experiment with things like.....  What would my Guild D-25 sound like by adding the sound of a transformer to my beloved Audio Technica AT 4050 lg diaphragm condenser mic? 🤔 well it's all so easy to find out with the flip of a switch (lower left-hand corner) I think AT 4050 sounds great with a transformer, but I like it better in it's natural state without a transformer😉, but... maybe not always, it's like comparing apples to oranges. 

As simple as it looks it's extremely flexible, easy on the CPU, and not only works great on tracks & busses, it's so easy to dial in to the sweet spot on ANY source.

And I've always found that "New Toys bring New Inspirations" and find that inspiring enough to painfully record to put it thru the paces with work'in on my chops blowing off steam with a playful Tribute to Chick Corea.

Chick's Two Kids

466505539_wavesmagmabb.thumb.jpg.4d4e0bb917e977c8661c3413e549a6d1.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Grem said:

Nice song. Great playing. Good mix. On my Bluetooth speaker here at work the hihat was a little too loud and really stood out. That didn't stop me from listening!

Thanks much for kind and insightful words Grem, and yes I agree, the hihat is way too loud, almost annoyingly so, I chalk that off to ear fatigue caused by working too long with closed back headcans.. Sony 7506's to be precise, which have GREAT isolation and nice frequency response for recording/tracking, but so freak'in horrible for mixing I have a personal studio law that prohibits me from doing any mixing on a project on the same day of the recording session. 🚫 This is a RAW multi-track recording session and I was using the hihat as my primary meter/click while performing and built all the rest around it.

But this project is uploaded into "Bandlab Studio" with each part mixed to stems tracks. Bandlab Studio has a pretty impressive array of FX plugins with plenty of 'presets' which are very much like CbB's ProChannel providing all the basic tools needed for smoothing out a mix, mute/delete/replace/add to, and or correcting things like this.

This isn't even close to being finished and early version 1 OPEN JAM that ANYONE with a Bandlab account can join.. Including real "drummers" 🥁 and I wouldn't be in the least offended if someone who can perform/record drums better than me deleted and replaced my drums or any other tracks in this jam.  In fact, I'd be delighted!

I'm actually primarily a guitarist who learned to take advantage of all that MIDI has to offer starting back in the early 80's, starting with a Roland TR-606 drum machine, MC-500 sequencer and Casio CZ 1000 synth for everything else MIDI.

These days I use CbB of course, An Alesis Sample Pad Pro as a MIDI controller to play/performances with XLN Audio's Addictive Drums v1 & v2 for drums tracks, and a Novation Impulse 61 MIDI Keyboard Controller to perform/play any and all other synths/samplers. ( and pssst, sometimes I 'cheat' use a Fishman Triple Play MIDI guitar controller to perform heavy riffage and solos for stuff I'm not NEARLY proficient enough to play on piano style keyboard.) Hey, Im a GUITARIST, and I'm not in the least bit ashamed to admit that I can NOT keep up with Chick Corea on a Rhodes piano. 😆

• Haha 1