(LS)D Notice

Xoo

A sneak preview of an instrumental track from the forthcoming album CODE: CODE is a collection of songs somewhat influenced by codes, cryptography and Bletchley Park.

For background, a "D Notice" is a UK government instrument for blocking press release of sensitive material; once you've listened to it, the (LS) should speak for itself!

https://www.bandlab.com/xoospacemusic/lsd-notice-7797be33?revId=53e70c3e-76b1-ed11-a8e0-000d3a3f8f45

Vocal samples are from old US government films "Duck and Cover" and "Reefer Madness".

Headphones advised 🙂

• Like 1

I listened to all of it. Nice work there, interesting throughout. Sounds like something The Future Sound of London would materialize. All mixes are subjective and at the mercy of the YouTube filters. That being said, I think there is room for some sonic carving to bring clarity and depth. Very well done🎶🎶🎶🎶

Nigel - definitely influenced by that one, yes (and Black Mountain's Mary Lou) 🙂  I've had it sitting around for, well, more decades than I care to think about and finally decided to at least give it a go finishing it.

Larry - thanks.  I may well tweak it a bit before the final version is done for the "album" (I've already fixed a couple of cross/fades), and I'll have a listen with fresh ears to see what I may take away from your comments.  I am going for something of a "wall of sound" on this one, as you can tell.