Livejam Melodic Techno

Nick Blanc

Alright, my best one yet. I really happy with this!

I was playing around earlier this week with the Novation Peak and I stumbled upon a nice sound after some tweaking. Then I lost that sound because I didn't save. 😶 But luckily I did record it.

Then I thought, screw it, I'll build from here. Doubled it up with another arp sound. Decided last minute (almost literally) that I needed a lead sound. And boy oh boy did the Microfreak deliver.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

That was fun, very cool setup to say the least! Must be hard to leave the house.

That keyboard, or whatever patch it was controlling, in the 3:20's area, very floaty! What is that patch?

Thanks for sharing your good time!

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks! I can leave the house, but not willingly 😋. The main 'problem' is, I have an hour to kill, so I start jamming and before I know it, I'm 3 hours in. 

I think the keyboard you're referring to is the Arturia Microfreak. It's an awesome little digital synth (analog filter). The patch is called 'Far Away'. The keybed of the Microfreak is touch sensitive and responds to how much of your finger is on the key. That in turn controls modulation, in this case the filter envelope. I then put it through the free Valhalla Supermassive for a huge modulated reverb. It also adds stereowidth which adds a little extra because the Microfreak is mono.