Live Jam - Moog inspired melodic techno

Nick Blanc

New week, new jam. I was having a lot of MIDI issues I couldn't really figure out (I also didn't take the time). Although the Novation Peak is on another MIDI channel than the Moog Subsequent 37, when I was changing parameters on one, the other would react. Very weird behaviour. Perhaps some signals were on an "all" channel? Changing presets was fun. I had made a good one on the Sub37, changed the preset on the Peak and gone was my Sub37 sound. So I ended up just not using the Peak and sticking to Moog. I have to fix this MIDI mess I created for myself. 

Anyway, used a new camera but I'm not happy with the quality. It could be that it just sucks going against the light (normally I have the curtains closed), so I have to fiddle with the settings and lighting a bit. Editing was (again) a real b*tch. Somehow I keep messing up things in Davinci Resolve so I have to invest some time into that and make my own tutorial. It took me hours while it should only take about 30 minutes or so.

All in all, a bit frustrating jam, also because I messed up the filter settings on the Matriarch which resulted in a  huge difference between left and right. I had to overdub the take. Oh and I had a bit of a hangover, that didn't help. At least I look pretty in pink, so that is nice. 😝

• Like 2