Disappearing interfaces of MIDI synths

whirr

I have the same intermittent problem with two different MIDI synths - Transition by CodeFN42 and RPE2 from HY-Plugins.  Neither produces its own sounds, just MIDI output.  I will insert the MIDI synth in its own synth track, then add another synth with its own track to be played by the MIDI synth to produce audio.  So far, so good.

But then, often, but not always, if I click on the MIDI synth's icon on its track, it will open the other synth's interface instead of the MIDI synth's.  Once this happens, I have not figured out any way to get the MIDI synth's interface to open at all.

Does anybody know what is going on, and how to fix it or get around it? 

22 hours ago, whirr said:

I have the same intermittent problem with two different MIDI synths - Transition by CodeFN42 and RPE2 from HY-Plugins.  Neither produces its own sounds, just MIDI output.  I will insert the MIDI synth in its own synth track, then add another synth with its own track to be played by the MIDI synth to produce audio.  So far, so good.

But then, often, but not always, if I click on the MIDI synth's icon on its track, it will open the other synth's interface instead of the MIDI synth's.  Once this happens, I have not figured out any way to get the MIDI synth's interface to open at all.

Does anybody know what is going on, and how to fix it or get around it? 

First of all, glad you got the problem solved.  Second, I am glad you mentioned "Transition by CodeFN42 and RPE2 from HY-Plugins." I was scratching my head because I had no idea what a MIDI synth was.  I am familiar with hardware controllers which I wondered if that's what you meant, and I am familiar with software synths, but when you said they don't produce sound, I decided that's not what you mean.

Fortunately, the websites for both of those call them sequencers. 

It seems to me if the icon on the instrument for one sequencer opens up the plug-in window for a plug-in, that might mean there is a routing issue or there is a bug that probably ought to be looked into, or both.  Or, it could be a one-time only fluke.

Recently I had a similar issue where I either deleted tracks that had a certain synth on it or replaced the synth, but the synth was still listed in the synth rack and affected other things in the track.  I deleted it manually.  Not sure if when deleting tracks or replacing synths the synth is supposed to be removed from the synth rack automatically.

Anyhow, glad you got your issue fixed.

Update:  Thanks for mentioning Transition. I had downloaded it in October, unpacked it, tried it briefly, and set aside reading the manual  sometime later.  So, I played around some more today and will try to find a use for it.

Update # 2: Another thanks for posing the problem. Since I like to explore new ideas for incorporating midi into my workflow, I created a project that used two midi sequencer plug-ins (Transition and Hypercyclic) each sending midi data to a different soft synth (Ekla-X and Odin II.  Each time I clicked on the icon in each track, the correct UI opened.

I had fun the the sequencer plug-ins.

Edited by User 905133
To add update # 2; To add an update about trying Transition