Tempo Draw Increment

murat k.

When theTempo Track is at minimal height, it snaps to integers,only if we don't have any decimals on any Tempo. 

But when we extend the height of the Tempo Track we start to see decimals on the Tempo when we draw.

Can we get a fixed increment with an INI setting for drawing Tempos like:

TempoDrawIncrement = 1

or if we want more specific increment like:

TempoDrawIncrement = 8

or if we want decimals:

TempoDrawIncrement = 0.1

So we will able to draw Tempos in our desired setting regardless of theTempo Track height on the view.

To a great extent this is constrained by tempo scale zoom level and mouse/screen resolution. There is no way you are going to be able to draw tempos with decimal values when the scale is at the default 100bpm range and less than a 1000 pixels high. At maximum zoom  and minimum height the range is only 5bpm wide, and I can draw in increments of 0.1 bpm. But the minute you go outside that range, the tempo track will automatically re-scale to be 100bpm wide. It seems to me what's really needed is more positive control over the range and centering of the scale with the ability to disable auto-scaling.  The old Tempo View wasn't perfect but was more manageable in this respect.

16 minutes ago, David Baay said:

To a great extent this is constrained by tempo scale zoom level and mouse/screen resolution. There is no way you are going to be able to draw tempos with decimal values when the scale is at the default 100bpm range and less than a 1000 pixels high. At maximum zoom  and minimum height the range is only 5bpm wide, and I can draw in increments of 0.1 bpm. But the minute you go outside that range, the tempo track will automatically re-scale to be 100bpm wide. It seems to me what's really needed is more positive control over the range and centering of the scale with the ability to disable auto-scaling.  The old Tempo View wasn't perfect but was more manageable in this respect.

When the Tempo Track is at minimal level it is 50 pixels height. When it is at that height it draws integers. 

If you drag Tempo Track a little bit higher, it starts to draw decimals. 

And if you have a Tempo like for example 60.51 and if you drag Tempo Track at minimum level 50 px, tempos starts to draw 61.51, 62.51 

Same thing happens when the Tempo Track height is at 100px just like 50px. It draws integers. Because every cursor move on pixel draws tempo.

With the same logic if you extend the Tempo Track height to 200px you'll see that tempo increment turns to 0.5 

And all those are in the scale of 100bpm. if you increase it to 1000bpm, auto-scale does the job and you lose all these integer values even if you change Tempo Track height to specific level.

And I am saying we shouldn't have to deal with those kind of things to get integers for tempo values on drawing. 

It can be solved easily by a variable. Anyone can change their desired values and draws tempos by that value increment. It will snap tempos to defined values. 

Actually this request isn't new. I requested it years ago when the Tempo Track is not avaiable. You can see at Tempo Snap Setting:

1188677349_CakewalkPrototype-Annotations.thumb.png.6327a2202f53a9a8afb5a1c10f0eee51.png