{SOLVED} How to restore the waveforms on a single track on all the clips

mark skinner

Question

Hello , I lost "all power" to my studio this morning while recording a vocal track. Of course I also lost the last 2 short sections I had sung.  About an hour later my power was restored and my pc (and project) was opened up when I returned to my studio. Strange .. Looking at my tracks to see what I had lost , I saw all the waveforms were missing on all the clips on the vocal track. I can still hear it fine , but just a straight line where the waveforms should be. I couldn't find a way on my own to restore them or find any old threads about it. The track was "armed" but wasn't recording when the power went out on this beautiful 6 degree morning.   I was reaching for the "save" button when it happened .        Thanks for any direction ..    mark  

Edited by mark skinner

2 answers to this question

2 ways to do this:

1: Select all of the clips and right click, then go to Associated Audio Files and press the Recompute Picture(s) button,

or 2: While Cakewalk is closed, delete the contents of your Picture Cache folder. The next time you load the project, it'll rebuild all of the WAV pictures. This will do the same for any previously saved project too, mind you, but it's not a bad idea to clean up the cache every now and then anyway, IMO.

• Like 2