Deeper dive on zenology :now ya have it before making a pruchase decisions ...

Zo

A deeper dive , via a patch creation .... sound design in this is another big diff versus the legends ....

00:00:00 Intro
00:01:07 Patch exemple analysis , Sounds structure, Enveloppes ect ...
00:16:00 Modulation
00:20:18 Pro edit : Pan Alternate function
00:26:22 Save a Patch
00:30:43 Pro Edit : "Keyb Off" , sounds play option
00:36:13 Macros
00:37:00 Range and velocity keyboard split
00:37:48 Conclusion

• Like 2

Thanks for the video Zo!

I used to own a JD-800 and would like to get the Roland plugin version. They are still running their two years of Roland Cloud with 2 lifetime keys. As I understand it, I'd have to use a key for the JD-800 expansion and a key for Zenology Pro... So I would have to spend $200 to get this one synth?

Do I understand this correctly?

2 hours ago, smallstonefan said:

Thanks for the video Zo!

I used to own a JD-800 and would like to get the Roland plugin version. They are still running their two years of Roland Cloud with 2 lifetime keys. As I understand it, I'd have to use a key for the JD-800 expansion and a key for Zenology Pro... So I would have to spend $200 to get this one synth?

Do I understand this correctly?

Nope , those keyz are for legends only (watch my first video on the cloud and i go on schemes) 

I really done those videos because i swear i was lost like tyou guyz and spent 700 $ to understand my mistakes lol (i should have gone HW lol )

You have 3 options :

1) You get the Play 4 life Pro : you get one legend licence  with it : you choose the JD 800 (Legend version , exellent) 100 $ (instead of 150)

2) You get a Play 4 Life Ultimate : You get 2 licences , one you grab the JD 800 , the other is bonus (it's still at the ned 100 $  per synths ) 

3) Option 3 : You want the expansion (via Zenology platform) , in that case uyou get Zeonology for 229 $ + 149 $ For the xpansion 

NOTICE : i did lobbyed to Roland that Zenology expansions should be availlable as rewards as the legends in play 4 life scheme , the demand is escaltted , the guy told me that those thing takes times so finger crossed .

Xtra option  : If the JD 800 is all you need , go legend ..get a play 4 life Pro use it during one year , do not choose definitly the JD 800 legend version (you have onbe year to change mind , you can change Day-1 before the end so you can use it during one year)  , if the Zenology expansion gets included and you want Zeno version , grab this licence and then buy zeno ....

IMHO  if somebdoy wants Roland sounds and the JD 800 without wanting to go deep in sound design specially  , Play 4 life ultimate and you get the XV 5080 + JD 800 and call it a day .... 

We could organise a live tchat  with you guyz for questions ....

Edited by Zo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, smallstonefan said:

Thanks so much Zo! I was wondering what would be the 2nd thing I'd get with Ultimate - I'm off listening to demos of the XV 5080 now...

You're Welcome

Be sure to watch my video zeno versus legends , i do an A/B bertween XV versus zeno  ....main diff being FX

Also the XV edition is like being in zeno pro edit , a lot of menu , not friendly at all , like the VS 700 used to be  BUt you get used to it ... Making patches is not funny at all , a real job , but the level of subtilities is deep , the learning curve also ....  

Edited by Zo

On 12/23/2022 at 5:40 PM, smallstonefan said:

Thanks Zo. I watched your video and I read some articles and I'm still confused.

I think that's Karma telling me to spend my money elsewhere... :)

Tell me what's the confusion , i will help ;)

By the way do you recall if , per partials , on the kd 800 are we able to pan those or have random pan like we do in the xv 5080 and zeno ?

As for your question : Play 4 life opens you to be able to choose on Legends plugin versions 

Zenology and expansions are not , at this time included in this scheme .

The JD 800 , the cheapest way to get , is to get a play 4 life pro witch is 100 $ for one year pro sub plan and opens 1 licence of any legend to choose from , you will use it to choose your JD 800 .... it will be the legend version

image.png.95d04af8040284c7b6d87245a0e7d967.png

If you want zenology expansion version  , you will have to buy zenology and the expansion :

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/RCldZenPro--roland-zenology-pro

+

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/RcldJD800Exp--roland-jd-800-model-expansion-for-zenology-pro-software-synthesizer

image.png.eaed1bef226fafaeb5393d0cb75d49ea.png

Edited by Zo

This could be also a solution

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/JD08--roland-jd-08-boutique-series-jd-800-sound-module

Small controll but might be actually fun and if you get the JD 800 plugin (legend version) you can tranfsert back and forth patches and use it to control the software also 

In fact i was considering this as a regualr ultimate synth controller ...

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 12/26/2022 at 3:50 PM, smallstonefan said:

I hadn't seen that bit of hardware, thanks Zo! I think I get the differences now...

Be sure to check the SH 4D from roland , it's basically a zenology on hardware !!! with several engines (like expansions) and the drums !!

• Like 1