Edu Prado Hurdy Gurdy for KONTAKT only $2.44 USD / €2,20 on SALE! 5 Patches.

PavlovsCat

Okay, so a lot of us picked up Sonokinetic's freebie Hurdy Gurdy library and it's nice, but it's only a single patch (for those who haven't picked it up, go do that). I've been a fan of indie developers for a long time and used to give advice to small ones, a number of which went on to be quite successful (devs like Troels and Steven Slate).  I still love indie developers and I think this developer, Edu Prado, is really talented and creative and you can pick up his hurdy gurdy for a steal right now. and it includes 5 patches including a pizzicato I really like.  This requires FULL KONTAKT (not the Player). 

It's only $2.44 USD / €2,20 on sale.  The sale ends on December 26th.

From the developer 

"The Hurdy-Gurdy sample library offers multiple built-in effects to shape the sounds as you wish, and it comes with 6 unique NKIs: 

Organic Crank

Pizzicato

Hollow

Grains

Choir

SFX

The built-in effects include: Space – Convolution Reverb with 10 options of impulse-responses; Crank knob; Attack and Release controls; Smear diffusion effect; Drive effect; High-Pass and Low-Pass filters." 

https://sounds.eduprado.com/products/hurdy-gurdy?syclid=cei3o637k049952inkh0&utm_campaign=emailmarketing_142685962398&utm_medium=email&utm_source=shopify_email

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

A quick mini-review.

The Edu Prado Hurdy-Gurdy sounds VERY DIFFERENT than the free Sonokinetic Hurdy-Gurdy. Check out the above video to hear for yourself. Prado's hurdy-gurdy has a much more gentle sound, whereas the Sonokinetic is a lot more harsh and true to my expectations for the sound of a hurdy-gurdy.  Now., I don't mean harsh in a negative way. It's a rough, harsh sound that I love. The Prado hurdy-gurdy also seems to have more reverb baked in. 

One of the things that surprised me about the Sonokinetic Hurdy-Gurdy is that it's only one octave. Prado's hurdy-gurdy is 5 octaves. 

Sonokinetic's Hurdy-Gurdy only has one patch, sustain with crank noises in the higher octave keys. Prado's instrument has 5 articulations: crank, pizzicato, hollow, grains, choir and SFX patches. The hollow patch sounds like a violin section from an orchestra -- it's delicate. Basically the Prado library gives you the straight sampled instrument plus some sound design patches that are very nice that I could easily imagine using in layering. 

In short, for less than $2.50USD, the Edu Prado library is a no-brainer deal if you like the sound of the hurdy-gurdy. and it sounds a lot different than Sonokinetic's Hurdy Gurdy and is 5 octaves instead of one octave. 

Here's the link for the free Sonokinetic Hurdy Gurdy (works in the FREE KONTAKT Player) in case anyone didn't catch the thread from last week:
https://www.sonokinetic.net/products/classical/hurdygurdy/ .  

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 4