Remove overlapping notes Script

Eliot

Request for a new cal script that removes overlapping notes. This has to work with chords, not only single notes like bass.

This would create chords that still remain sustained but where a note overlapses it cuts it off by a short amount of time.

Thanks.

25 minutes ago, Eliot said:

This would create chords that still remain sustained but where a note overlapses it cuts it off by a short amount of time.

This isn't completely clear to me.

Can you share a before and after example of a MIDI clip that's been corrected manually? It might also help to understand how you got in the situation of needing such a script to understand all the conditions that might be encountered in the input. CAL scripts can only process events one at a time in sequence so it takes a lot of recursion to recognize and process multiple notes as a chord.

If this is a one-off problem that you need to solve that you will never encounter again, it might ultimately take less effort to fix it manually than to write script to do it.

Edited by David Baay

I think that somebody once wrote a script to just that once upon a time. I don't know what happened to it. Yeah it could be useful. It would probably be most useful in single note lines like bass. When I quantize it can move things in a way that create more overlaps. I only quantize for start times.

Also I'm thinking we are talking about removing the overlap - not the entire note.

Edited by rfssongs