Request BYPASS corrupted file option when scanning VSTs and receiving scan file error notice, that render the scanning process totally useless

kday

Request for a bypass option when scanning a certain VST file during the scan process. 

When I scan the VST folder and encounter a so called corrupted file there is no way to bypass that file and continue with the scanning. Now the dll file wasn't corrupted but it came out as corrupted and the scanning process shut down as long as that dll file was in the scan folder.

Can a bypass file option be added to continue scanning when a file stops the whole scan process when it comes up with some type of error?  Because some companies make their VSTs files proprietary and won't scan with a 3rd party DAW, and we need to just by pass that file but we can't and it shuts down the whole Cakewalk scan process.  

Edited by kday

Yes, the scan in Sandbox option is checked. Should I leave it checked to help with scanning?

It seems the Cakewalk is missing that important bypass corrupted/proprietary dll file option when scanning. And No way the whole scanning process should have to break down from a bad dll file being scanned. I thought they already had this bypass option built into it. 

Luckily this was an FL Studio dll issue that someone created a dll fix for. But there may come other programs with similar issues where a fix is not provided rendering a whole expensive program useless in Cakewalk because of no option to bypass like is in all my other DAW programs. 

In my MPC software, when a bad file is encountered, it just makes notice that a certain file is corrupted or incompatible and then it just keeps on scanning until finished.   In Cakewalk, when encountering an incompatible dll file, it just stops scanning and shuts down the whole scanning process until the whole program has to be removed to continue the scanning process which is sorta 1980s. 

Edited by kday