Panning separate tracks with an effects bus

Joe Burns

This may be a dumb question -- but can I pan individual tracks that are going through the same effects bus? For example, I want double track my rhythm guitar,  pan one to the right and one to the left, but have them go through the same bus with my guitar sim plugin and other effects, EQ, compression etc. -- but I can't figure out how or even if it's possible.

Thanks for your help.

28 minutes ago, rsinger said:

If the fx bus plugin is stereo. I often have a stereo reverb and tracks will be panned and then sent to the reverb bus. R your amp sims true stereo? Stereo inputs, stereo processing, stereo outputs?

Thanks. No,  I use Amplitube 5 and I'm pretty sure it's mono, same with the EQ and compression plugins I'm using.

I'm just trying to make the same adjustments to the effects on both tracks.

On 12/16/2022 at 5:21 PM, bitflipper said:

Most amp sims are mono, so regardless of how the input sources are panned, the output of the effect will be mono. You're going to have to use separate instances of Amplitube on each guitar. If this is too much of a strain on your CPU, just freeze those tracks.

OK,, sure that makes sense. No strain on the system -- but I just found out you can hit control and copy and past your effects, so I can easily duplicate the amp sim and all the pedals and effects within it, do no big deal. Thanks!