No sound in music player while using apollo card with Cakewalk

Riccoboni

Hello,
I use Apollo twin X Usb for Windows, with the cakewalk DAW (version 2022.11 for Windows) .
In my workflow, I usually export a waw file of my mix and listen to it with VLC or another sound file player.
But since I use the apolo sound card, even after closing cakewalk, and while VLC sends the sound to the apollo sound card, no sound comes out of VLC. I have to reset the Apollo card for the sound to come back.

Is there a trick to correct or circumvent this problem?

Someone told me about a "Share Drivers With Other Programs" option, available in Cakewalk Sonar 8.5. But I couldn't find anything like that in my version of cakewalk.

Apart from that, I'm so happy to have discovered Cakewalk!

Bests regards

9 minutes ago, Riccoboni said:

Someone told me about a "Share Drivers With Other Programs" option, available in Cakewalk Sonar 8.5. But I couldn't find anything like that in my version of cakewalk.

The feature you are looking for is Suspend Audio Engine When Cakewalk Is Not in Focus in CbB Preferences > Audio > Playback and Recording.

That said, VLC like most Windows audio and video playback programs does not need to use ASIO so, suspending the audio engine in CbB should not be necessary. Most Windows audio and video playback programs work fine using the regular Windows drivers.