Feature Request: Add Midi Sends and Midi Aux Tracks

SirWillyDS12

Uset 905133 -- can you share with us the name of one of those third party plug-ins you mentioned?  Thanks.

Also, I just received this additional reply from CW:

"Thanks for writing back. We'll consider this as a feature request. I will pass along your thoughts and needs to our product development team, and I will let you know if this becomes something we might build in the future."

At least we're in the pipeline!

1 hour ago, Fred Kells said:

Uset 905133 -- can you share with us the name of one of those third party plug-ins you mentioned?  Thanks.

On 2/18/2023 at 9:11 AM, User 905133 said:

In asking this, I'm not challenging you.  I have been using an instrument plug-in from another software maker to route midi data to and from Cakewalk and want to explore other uses for the methods I use.  So, I am looking for any places where you think midi data could be sent to and from to fine tune my work flow.

Thanks for asking.  The instrument plug-in I have used to route midi data to and from Cakewalk is a virtual modular synth called Voltage Modular (from Cherry Audio). 

On 1/11/2023 at 2:38 PM, User 905133 said:

I don't want to risk taking this feature request in yet another direction. So, if anyone who has CbB and Voltage Modular Core is interested in a method for setting up the two so MIDI data (1) can be recorded on a MIDI track in CbB (to be played back and edited later), (2) routed to Voltage Modular, and then (3) routed back so CbB sees VM as a MIDI source which can be selected as a MIDI input for multiple software synths hosted in CbB, feel free to PM me.

I haven't used it to distribute Midi FX from Cakewalk back to Cakewalk.  I have used it with self-designed modular effects using MIDI.  To take a couple of simple examples, I have had used LFOs and ADSR envelopes within Voltage Modular to send midi CC data to control multiple software synths hosted in Cakewalk.  

I will schedule some time to see if this process can be done with CW's Midi FX.