Can someone help me solve this mystery?
Cakewalk suddenly closes (simply disappears) when I stop playback, move the Now Time marker to another position, and attempt to resume playback.
The problem only occurs under the following conditions:
- In a midi track with the Aria Player plugin and –
- with any string (bowed) or wind instrument patch and –
- with any CC1 or CC7 data present
I have eliminated some possibilities:
- It does not happen with plugins other than the Aria Player (e.g., the Cakewalk TTS-1 works fine)
- It does not happen with other CC data or with any other non-note data (e.g., Pan, Expression, Key Aftertouch).
- It does not happen with keyboard, guitar or percussion patches.
- It does not happen with the identical setup but run in another DAW.
So the problem only occurs with the combination of Cakewalk+Aria Player+a string or wind instrument patch+CC1 or CC7 data. Change any one of those four conditions and things work normally.
I’m using CW 2020.11/Build 099, 64bit, Windows 10 Pro.
Fred (from Brazil)