Track inputs

Praveen Kumar

Question

Hi,

I have the Focusrite solo interface when I tried to use the track input for analogue 1+2 (2-Focusrite USB audio) R it's not working whereas the analogue 1+2 (2-Focusrite USB audio) L and analogue 1+2 (2-Focusrite USB audio) S is working. Can someone let me know why I have upgraded the latest software and everything but its still the same kindly let me know how to add the sound from input analogue 1+2 (2-Focusrite USB audio) R or let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks

3 answers to this question

12 hours ago, Praveen Kumar said:

when I tried to use the track input for analogue 1+2 (2-Focusrite USB audio) R it's not working whereas the analogue 1+2 (2-Focusrite USB audio) L and analogue 1+2 (2-Focusrite USB audio) S is working.

I don't own a Scarlett Solo, but I do know that it has 2 analog inputs that may be used at the same time. One is a mic input and the other an instrument input.

It sounds like you're trying to record single mono tracks from either the mic or instrument input and one of those is not working, but they both work if you enable them at the same time. Is that so?

Sometimes the input names that the driver reports to Windows (and thereby Cakewalk) are confusing. Ideally on a 2-input interface, you'd see choices for Input 1 (Mic), Input 2 (Inst), and Input 1+2 (Mic+Inst). It looks like Focusrite's driver is using more confusing language.

(Fortunately, once you get it working right, Cakewalk allows you to set names for the individual inputs, which reduces future confusion.)

Again, if I understand what you're saying, you can record in mono with the "L" input, and you can record in stereo (or two separate mono) using the "S" input, but when you try to record with the "R" input, you get no audio.

I don't know which of the Solo's 2 inputs they call "L" and "R."

The standard things that can go wrong are using a condenser mic that needs 48V phantom power, but not turning on the phantom power switch, and accidentally having the channel input level control turned down, having the guitar's volume knob turned down. I know these seem like obvious silly errors, but everyone on this forum has made them. Including me. They don't seem likely in your case because you say the inputs are working when you use them at the same time.

As Tim said, use Cakewalk's ASIO mode. Most interfaces are designed to work best with their own ASIO driver. What do you get when you do that?

Thanks Tim/Erik as you said I have changed the driver settings to ASIO mode now I have moved from not getting any audio to feeble audio. As Erik suggested the I have enabled the instrument button and even the nob is kept at MAX which is not acceptable but this time I was able to record very feeble sound in R whereas the same mic was working good on the other end L (yes Input 1 (Mic)condenser mic, Input 2 (Inst)Empty). So, my question here is are we not supposed to use the Right input through MIC which is meant for instrument? I have used the same on ProTools which was working on it is there any difference in cakewalk