Pianoroll View, how to set keyboard on laptop up help please

Lukasz

2 hours ago, reginaldStjohn said:

There is a virtual keyboard that you can pull up in Cakewalk.

Earlier today I did a quick test.  In real time (i.e., not playback) the PRV keyboard showed keypresses from my usb/midi keyboard.  Both virtual controllers (qwerty keyboard and piano keyboard) created activity flashes in a midi track which was linked to a soft synth as did the usb/midi keyboard.  All 3 produced sound from the keypresses.

However, only the usb midi keyboard triggered the notes in the PRV's keyboard (visual feedback the notes were triggered). Neither of the two virtual keyboards did.  (Yes, I changed the octave range of the virtual piano controller to match my usb keyboard keypresses.)

I don't use the PRV so I have no way of knowing if the PRV keyboard is supposed to visually represent  notes triggered from the virtual controllers.

Just wondering about that.

Edited by User 905133
edited

3 hours ago, Lukasz said:

How can I add instruments to virtual keyboard downloaded from bandlab assistant and combine them?

• If you mean the Studio Instruments Suite (SI-Bass Guitar, SI-Drum Kit, SI-Electric Piano, SI-String Section)
    • Did you install them?
    • Do they show up in the Instrument Plug-ins Browser?
  • If so, use Insert Instrument to set up tracks for each.
    •  You can set the Input of each track to Virtual Controller, but
    • I just tried "All External Inputs" and "All Inputs" and those worked for me, too.