Cant Pan Tracks and Low Headphone Volume

Chris Barrie

Hi Guys,

Ive just installed cakewalk and been getting to grips with it. Bit of a noob here so any advice is most welcome.

I just have a few questions that I wonder if anyone can help with.

Im recording some basic tracks, just guitar and vocals.

I have an M-Audio Fast track Pro as my audio interface. This is setup in cakewalk and both my input and output drivers are set to the fast track pro.

I then have the outputs from my audio interface wired to an amp/speakers.

To record the guitar, I set the input as Ln1 for the track. This is the left input on the fasttrack, so my guitar is connected here with a jack lead.

Did the same for the vocals on track 2, into the same input on the fastrack.

It sounds OK, but I cant pan either of the tracks? The pan knob has no effect, and neither just adjusting the balance even in Windows sound manager as a test?

In additon, the output when I listen via hedaphones is really quiet. I have the output knob on the fasttrack turned up, and it sounds loud and clear when I listen to other stuff via the headphones in any other program, but not when I'm listening back in cakewalk.

Feel like Im missing something here? I have attached screenshots of my setup.

If any one can offer any advice its much appreicated.

Thanks!

Chris

Screenshot 2022-10-30 175809.jpg

Screenshot 2022-10-30 175841.jpg

Screenshot 2022-10-30 175856.jpg

Screenshot 2022-10-30 175920.jpg

Edited by Chris Barrie

The Fast track has a control on the front called Mix.  Turn to left to increase input level in monitoring. The track controls in Cakewalk have no effect on input signal. All monitoring is controlled on the Fast track front panel. If you are new to Cakewalk you might want to watch my tutorials that will explain all this and speed up your understanding of how Cakewalk works. 

Edited by Cactus Music