how do i import the plugin drums into the recording?

darknessviking

im totally new to the program cakewalk, and i found the drums included in it and had it going while i was recording, but then the drums arent recorded?

how do i get them to be on the track?

i mean i click the drums so that window comes up i click play on the drums and hear the drums,but i seem to not be able to get the actual audio into a track so whenever i play everything back all i hear is the guitars.

do i really have to program each beat myself, shouldnt i be able to have a drum rythm from the drum plugin to play??

Drum plugins uses patterns.

Drag a pattern, the name is the pattern, to the track. Build up a full track with patterns of your choice.

Input echo on and press play in Cakewalks transport to hear the serie of patterns.

Arm and record when you're ready.

Welcome to the forum.
The pads on the drum synth (presumably Studio Instrument Drums) are for auditioning the sounds, not for playing or recording.
The synth depends on MIDI notes in a MIDI track to make noise. You can click in the notes with your mouse in either the Staff view or Piano Roll View (PRV), or record the MIDI live from a keyboard or drum machine.
Cakewalk by Bandlab (CbB) includes an on-screen keyboard to record the notes. I've never used it so have no idea how it works. I'm sure there's something about it in the Help files.
So, you need a MIDI track with its output set to the synth. 
You need the synth, which will create audio from the MIDI notes and output it to an audio track.
You need to Arm the MIDI track, then click the Record button. Start recording.
Good luck!