Sonar will only load splash screen

Roger_L

When I launch Sonar I only get a splash screen that says SONAR PLATINUM (see attached).

I have tried uninstalling it but it is not listed in the apps on the Windows Settings app, or in the Control Panel list of programs. Therefore I am unable to uninstall it. 

I am running Windows 10 Home version 21H1 on  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz  with 16GB RAM.

Screenshot 2022-10-12 140042.png

Edited by Roger_L

12 hours ago, 57Gregy said:

Do you want SONAR Platinum to open, or are you getting that while trying to open Cakewalk by Bandlab, whose forum this is?

I cannnot use either, and was redirected here from th eCakewalk Sonar forum

Edited by Roger_L

There are many threads here about installing old and new Cakewalk products and the best method to do that.
If you ever purchased and registered SONAR Platinum and created a 'single sign on' when the old Cakewalk went out of business, you can download it from the Cakewalk Command Center (CCC) after you've logged in with those old credentials. That's if you want the VSTs and VSTis included with Platinum. Or if you just like it better.
Cakewalk by Bandlab (CbB) is an updated, supported and continuously developed continuation of SONAR. Preferably, you should remove all traces of CbB from your system before re-installing SONAR, then install CbB again so it will 'see' those SONAR VSTs. Doing it in reverse may miss some important things from SONAR.
Look around a bit and find those threads with the how-to instructions, then you will (should) be able to have and use both.

• 2 months later...