Melodyne Update prompt after uninstall

Bryant Walley

Hey Team,  A while back I uninstalled Melodyne following some instructions found on this forum and thought all had went as planned.  It no longer showed in my installed programs or in the Cakewalk program.

Now recently I am getting prompts that there is an "Update Melodyne Trial Plug-in" and to Download Now.  Same type update box as when the regular software updated.  Obviously the uninstall did not get it all.  Can someone describe the correct steps to permanently remove the Melodyne trial once and for all?

• Like 1

Seems as though there was still a registry entry pointing to where the file had previously existed.  The Cakewalk Plug-In Manager still showed a Melodyne entry in the VST3 Audio Effects (VST3) section in the list.  When I selected it and clicked remove it told me about the registry entry and asked if I wanted to delete it.  I clicked yes.  I closed Cakewalk and reopened it and the update prompt was gone. 

I was unable to delete this question so I just added what I did.  Maybe it will help someone else in the future. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It was good of you to come back and update your post with the resolution. As you say it may help another person with that same problem.

Another step you could take is to edit your Thread title by appending {SOLVED}. That lets folks know when browsing the forum that the thread has a solution. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...