Midi Channel

music c

I have a couple of good options for drawing in midi notes/events to multiple midi channels.

The sequencer is perfect because I can set the midi channel for a given note, draw it in and it sends it to a specified channel.

Does anyone know, is there a way to select a channel on the piano roll view?  or must I use multiple midi tracks, each with a separate channel,

to send one note to channel 1, another note to 2 etc.  I am aware I can right click and view a note's properties, including channel, and change them

after drawing them in.  But I would like to draw them in to only one channel at a time, setting the channel first.

Any way to do this from just the piano roll view?  or any suggestions?

Sequencer may need to suffice, I am obsessing a little bit.

The standard practice has always been to create a midi track for each channel. Or you use a Simple Instrument track which I do.  
 You can view multiple tracks as an overlay in PVR by holding Ctrl and selecting them. Tutorials #12, 13&14 explain using midi tracks and instruments 

If you are hand entering your notes. Then make separate tracks. And enter on PRV but just select the track you want to enter to on the track selector on the right side (for me anyway) of the PRV. This will let you change the tracks you view & which you edit.

You will have already set the channel on the track view so when you enter to that track it will play on that track channel with the selected sound. The double arrow on the top/right opens and closes this window. You view multiple tracks & enter to the appropriate tracks by clicking on the track number (Shift/Click for multiple tracks)  & the track name to edit that track.

When the number is highlighted you can see that track, when the track name is highlighted you will be making changes to that track only.

image.png.92e1f762f33a290dfc31ddb6221a8b20.png

I hope I have understood & answered your question.