Old Unstable Antares Pludins May Now Be Useable

If you own any Antares plugins you don't use because of performance problems, give the new VST3 versions a try. It's likely to require a free WIBU Codemeter authorization upgrade and new license key.

@msmcleod's reply on this thread got me thinking about the AVOX suite I've owned for decades and and never been able to get working well. I'd try new versions from time to time and then uninstall because of performance problems. So I tried again and this time hit a roadblock. My iLOK authorization is no longer acceptable. Antares now requires a WIBU CodeMeter authorization which I didn't have. I contacted Antares tech support and learned I was entitled to and received a new CodeMeter authorization, installed the AVOX 4.2 upgrade, and for the first time for me the AVOX4 suite seems to work fine. I briefly tested a couple of plugins and didn't experience the latency, dropout and crash problems I was accustomed to. The v4.2 installer doesn't offer a VST2 option and only installs VST3s. For now, I'm leaving them in and, for the first time in decades, looking forward to being able to use them.

• Like 1